"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Glittery Snowflakes in Red and Lime Green

Glittery Red Snowflakes with Pearls

We achieved some productivity yesterday, the cats and I, making up a few batches of glittery snowflakes, photography them, packaging them and posting on Etsy. Aren't these red ones festive?  I must say, the cats really aren't much help at these things - quite the opposite - but it's always nice to have their company, even if they do end up sparkling for weeks and helping to spread glitter about the house.


Glittery Lime Green Snowflakes with Acrylic Faceted Beads

We finished up all the red snowflakes and started on the green.  Lime green is such a jolly colour for Christmas and it works well in almost any colour scenario - even neutral white and gold type trees can stand a pop of green.  I find the lime green is one of my more popular offerings.

Amaze Balls these are shiny!
As always, it's all about the beads and these are certainly no exception.  Look at these fabulous, huge (24 mm) faceted acylic beads.  You get a hint at how shiny and wonderful they are in the reflection on this close up.  I've paired them with the clear faceted glass rodelles which give a lot of sparkle when they are hanging.

For the seed beads I use a combination of 6/0, 8/0 and the tiniest 10/0's.  Sometimes it's because I have to (need larger beads next to the large beads with larger holed centers), sometimes it's just because I can (oooh, such pretty colours), but mostly it's because I find the more of the smallest ones you can incorporate the better the strength and solidity of the hanger.

 It would be much quicker work to just use larger seed beads, especially as it's only a percentage of the tiny beads that will actually fit onto the wire and there is a lot of trial and error, but the end result just isn't quite as elegant.  I want these to be treasures that will last a lifetime of holiday memories, so I think it's worth the extra effort.  At least while I can still see those teeny tiny little seed beads - they seem to get a little smaller every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...